The Buninyong Good Life Festival Returns: Sunday 29th October 2017
at DeSoza Park Buninyong
The Good Life Festival is a free community focused event held in biannually in late October, located in the pretty township of Buninyong, 11 kilometres south of Ballarat. In 2015 the Festival returned to its historical home of DeSoza Park.
In 2016 it was voted that The Good Life Festival become a bi-annual event, with the next Festival dated for October 2017.
The Festival is a celebration of the local community, of it’s diversity, interests, passions, ideas, and the expression of the ‘Good Life’.
The Festival aims to provide:
- A platform for Community Groups to reach out to the wider Buninyong and Ballarat communities
- A fun and low cost day of entertainment
- Activities and competitions where the kids can express themselves.
The King is dead…
The Good Life Festival is the re-invention of the long established Buninyong Gold King Festival that ran between 1975 and 2009. The Good Life Festival seeks to retain the core values of the Gold King Festival, while also looking towards the future. The main purpose of the re-invention was to re-invigorate the festival, it’s committee, and the community.
At The Festival
There is much to see and do on Festival Day. The Good Life Festival endeavours to include a wide range of activities for the whole family to enjoy, including:
- Free entry to the Festival grounds
- Rock climbing wall, jumping castle, peddle cars, etc
- Original and Unique craft stalls
- Healthy food
- Educational and Information stalls
- Stage entertainment
However, the Festival does ask that you leave your dogs at home. We do have small children and food at the Festival, and it is not a place for dogs big or small. That way everyone can have a fun and safe day.